To meet Arizona’s workforce needs, the UA must prepare our students to work and lead in the Fourth Industrial Revolution, when biological, digital, and physical technologies converge to further transform the landscape and our reality.
-Robert C. Robbins, President, University of Arizona
Join us for the most important two hours of your career and learn how automation and artificial intelligence are expected to affect the workplace. Local industry leaders and education experts will introduce you to the sweeping changes being driven by automation and artificial intelligence—already coined the “4th Industrial Revolution.”
Students - Learn how to adjust your education strategy so you can thrive in the automated future.
Educators – Business and community officials will be looking to you to help prepare tomorrow’s tech-proficient workforce. Find out what they need.
Working Adults – Discover paths to retraining and re-engineering your career that will enable you to shift to the new workplace.
Speakers & Panelists:
- Robert C. Robbins, President, University of Arizona
- Ron Shoopman, Treasurer, Arizona Board of Regents
- George Hammond, Director, Eller College Economic and Business Research Center
- Meet Your Robot Co-Worker:
- Moderator: Mara Aspinall, Managing Director, BlueStone Venture Partners
- Calline Sanchez, Vice President, Systems Lab Services, IBM
- Anthony Cook, General Manager, AHS Center of Excellence, Komatsu
- Paul Dias, President, CEO, COO, Dias Management Inc. dba McDonald's
- Robert Brown, Director of Public Affairs & Government Relations, TuSimple
- Shaping the Future Workforce:
- Moderator: John Pedicone, Director of Education Policy, Southern Arizona Leadership Council
- Paulo Goes, Dean, Eller College of Management, University of Arizona
- Kathy Prather, Superintendent/CEO, Pima Joint Technical Education District
- Manuel Valenzuela, Superintendent, Sahuarita Unified School District