Terms & Conditions
The This Is Tucson 2019 School & Camp Fair is a showcase for exhibitors. The Fair follows the guideline: “All exhibitors are equal, regardless of size, and should be given an equal opportunity, within reason, to present their company in the most effective manner to the audience.” The Arizona Daily Star will adhere to the following rules and regulations as they pertain to the This Is Tucson 2019 School & Camp Fair, many of which are based on those set forth by the National Association of Exposition Managers.
1. School & Camp Fair display space must be staffed at all times during the event’s hours, 11AM-3PM on Sunday, September 30, 2018 and Sunday, February 17, 2019.
2. Dismantling of displays cannot commence until 3:30PM on Sunday, September 30, 2018 and Sunday, February 17, 2018. Exhibitors who begin to dismantle their booths before the close of the show are doing a disservice to their business, the Fair and potential customers. In addition, moving equipment through aisles be-fore the close of the show is a safety hazard and fire code violation and is strictly prohibited. Failure to observe this rule may jeopardize the exhibitor’s space assignments or right to exhibit at future Arizona Daily Star events.
3. The School & Camp Fair officially closes at 3:00PM on Sunday, February 17, 2019. All exhibitors and accompanying supplies must be dismantled and removed from the Tucson Jewish Community Center by 5pm on Sunday, February 17, 2019. Exhibitors are responsible for securing any property left after close of the Fair. Exhibitors will be charged for the removal of any exhibition materials, supplies, or excess debris left in their booth after that time. Any exhibitor having gas-filled balloons in their display will be liable for any charges incurring from balloons that have been lodged near the ceiling.
4. School & Camp Fair exhibitors are responsible for the installation and removal of their display and wares. All displays must be free standing.
5. School & Camp Fair exhibitors will at no time allow portions of their exhibit to obstruct any aisle. No exhibitor is permitted to erect signs or display products in such a manner as to obstruct the view or adversely affect the displays of other exhibitors.
6. No displays or non-related materials bearing any name or form of advertisement, other than that contracted for in the space occupied, can be displayed. The exhibitor may not sell, sublet or share the space assigned; exhibitors may not display advertising at their exhibit space for businesses not in the School & Camp Fair.
7. Display dimensions are standard throughout the show. These dimensions will be strictly enforced.
8. Exhibitors must conform to all rules and regulations in effect at the Tucson Jewish Community Center, as set forth by the fire department, police department and/or building and safety department.
9. Tobacco and alcohol product giveaways and samples are strictly prohibited. Dis-plays of sealed alcoholic beverages, such as in a gift basket are permissible with the stipulation that the public does not have access to it.
10. No bolts, screws, hooks or nails are to be driven into or attached to the walls or floor of the Tucson Jewish Community Center. Participants are not to use pins, tacks, or any type of tape on the ballroom carpet, walls or drapes. Violators will be responsible for removal of any stick-on materials and will be charged for clean-up.
11. School & Camp Fair exhibitors and their employees must confine their activities to the exhibitor space(s) occupied. Handouts, including literature, souvenir items and promotional materials, etc., may be distributed only from the participant’s display area(s).
12. Fire alarm boxes, fire hose cabinets, and fire extinguishers must be in full view at all times. Exhibitors are cautioned and instructed to avoid blocking any fire fighting equipment from view.
13. The Arizona Daily Star and/or the Tucson Jewish Community Center assume no responsibility for good delivered to the Tucson Jewish Community Center or materials left in the building after closing hours.
14. Exhibitors wishing to insure their display material or components thereof, including merchandise, must do so at their own expense.
15. Exhibitors are permitted to sell merchandise at their booth and are responsible for any and all sales taxes due, and any additional business licenses required. The list of exhibitors will be provided to the city and state taxing authorities at their request. By reserving space at the School & Camp Fair, exhibitors agree to hold the Arizona Daily Star and the Tucson Jewish Community Center harmless from and against any and all liability, loss, damage, claim (whether valid or invalid), action, cost or expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) (collectively, “Claims or Damages”) that may hereafter be asserted against or suffered to the extent that the Claims or Damages arise out of a) the negligence or misconduct of the indemnifying party, its employees, agents or contractors in connection with the sale of goods and/or services as part of the School & Camp Fair.
16. The School & Camp Fair management reserves the right to restrict exhibits to a minimal noise level and to suitable methods of operation and display of materials. If for any reason an exhibit or its contents are deemed objectionable by the School & Camp Fair management, the exhibit will be subject to removal. This reservation includes persons, things, conduct, printed matter or any item of poor character that the management considers objectionable to the Bridal Expo well being. In the event that an exhibitor’s eviction or restriction is enforced, management will not be liable for refunding exhibit fees and/or rental fees paid for exhibit equipment rental. No show exhibits will not be refunded.
17. Neither the Arizona Daily Star and/or its sponsors or agents, nor the Tucson Jewish Community Center and/or its representatives nor any member or employee of the School & Camp Fair, nor the Tucson Jewish Community Center, are responsible for injury, loss or damage from any cause whatsoever that may be suffered by exhibitors, their employees or property. The School & Camp Fair exhibitor, upon execution of this contract, expressly releases the Arizona Daily Star, the Tucson Jewish Community Center parties, individual and employees from any and all claims for such loss, damage or injury. Any and all restrictions and/or levies enforced or imposed by the Arizona Daily Star, the Tucson Jewish Community Center, any municipality, or the State of Arizona must be observed by the School & Camp Fair exhibitor. The Arizona Daily Star, its staff or participating co-sponsors assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever in matters related to any restrictions and/or levies imposed on the exhibitor by the Tucson Jewish Community Center, any municipality, or the State of Arizona .
18. The Arizona Daily Star reserves the right to cancel School & Camp Fair exhibitors’ rental if rules and regulations are not observed. The show management controls all aisle space.
19. The Arizona Daily Star reserves the right to add more rules and regulations at any time and to enforce them.